About Our Clinic:
Chisholm Trail Pet Clinic, Inc. was newly constructed in June 2003. We serve the small animal population and citizens of Montague and surrounding counties. Providing metroplex quality veterinary care with client education and Fear Free principles in a rural environment, we limit practice to the care of dogs and cats only.
Clinic services include wellness care, routine surgeries, in-house digital radiography, ultrasound sonography, full laboratory and pharmacy services (in-house & outside), dental care (dental suite w/ digital dental radiography) and limited boarding & grooming services.
Clinic hours are limited to 45 to 50 hours/week and emergency calls are covered by Cross Timbers Veterinary Hospital. The Chisholm Trail Pet Clinic is privately owned. Dr. Winingham is an IVPA member and would like to see the clinic remain privately owned after her own retirement. We have a current need for a full-time associate with buy-in / sell options available. Part-time associates are welcome to apply and will be seriously considered, as well.
Length of Externship:
Minimum: Two (2) Weeks
Maximum: Four (4) Weeks
Compensation is offered and will be discussed with each individual applicant.
Number of Positions Available:
Dependent on availability
Limited to two (2) students concurrently
How to Apply:
Send email with the following questions answered to email@example.com
2. Completed year of education
3. Contact information, cell number and email
4. Preferred date of externship along with length
5. Alternate date of externship along with length
6. Areas of specific interest, weaknesses and strengths so that your externship may be tailored as much as possible to serve you
7. Short paragraph explaining your ideal employment situation: i.e. small, mixed, large, exotic; part-time/full-time; site - rural, city, metroplex; clinic ownership - private or corporate; salary and benefits expectations
- Housing options are available and include:
- Multiple RV parks within Montague County
- Local hotels with long-term rates
- RV site with water and electricity available on Dr. Winingham's personal property; dump station available at Pelham Park in Bowie
- Onsite (clinic) accommodation available for single individual