Chisholm Trail Pet Clinic is seeking an Associate Veterinarian. We are looking for a highly dedicated and resourceful associate veterinarian passionate about providing excellent small animal veterinary care, taking both the pet's and the client's needs into account.
Located in North Central Texas, Chisholm Trail Pet Clinic calls the city of Bowie home. Bowie is located on the historic cattle drive trail the clinic is so named after just south of the Red River. Bowie is true the definition of small town with historic buildings and friendly greetings. Citizens and visitors can enjoy the annual Jim Bowie Days Rodeo, Parade and Pet; along with many other annual events such as Chicken and Bread Days and the Piston Heads antique car show. Bowie hosts the monthly Trades Days for vendors of all kinds to sell their merchandise on weekends proceeding the second Monday of each month. Hunting, fishing, and golf are popular activities for both relaxation and competitions.
Owner veterinarian: Dr. Beth Winingham, TAMU CVM Class of 1992
Chisholm Trail Pet Clinic is a small animal clinic that has proudly served the Bowie area since 2003. Our state-of-the-art facility houses multiple exam rooms, surgical and dental suites, dedicated labs, a large treatment area with both dry and wet tables, digital radiology, ultrasound sonography, boarding facility and sympathy room. We believe in continuous education and support our associates' endeavors to better themselves and the veterinary profession. We offer a mentorship program to aid associates in acclimating to our practice and excel quickly.
- Ability and willingness to work 10 hour shifts with a guaranteed lunch hour provided
- Working knowledge of pet care products
- Demonstrates critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with basic computer skills
- Professional communication skills and telephone etiquette
- Team player with ability to work independently
- Strong organizational, time management and attention to detail characteristics
Point of Contact
Terie Overbey, Practice Manager
904 Hwy 81 N • Bowie, TX 76230